MID-MIX® technological procedure is based on the process of solidification, with a purpose to convert the waste, with at least one dangerous characteristics, to the shape in which its constituents are to be immobilized in the way that doesn’t make them to be dangerous for environment.
MID-MIX® technological procedure is a physical and chemical procedure in which occurs a reaction between waste with aditives on the basis of calcium (calcium oxide CaO and calcium hydroxide Ca(OH)2). During this reaction, a waste molecul is permanently transformed into the new product-NEUTRAL.
MID-MIX® technological procedure is characterized with the following:
- Intensive contact between waste and supplements of the procedure
- Exothermic reaction with evaporation of water
- Dissociation of water at molecular level
- Vacuum and gas molecular waste particles encapsulation
- Solidification of total content in the reactor
- Waste water and harmful gases non-existence
MID-MIX® technological procedure is considered as one of allowed and recommended technologies in
Europe for industrial waste recycling – „BATNEC“- the best available technologies that do not require
any excessive costs of waste management and do not polute environment.
MID-MIX® technological procedure is recognized in all countries of EU.
DIFFERENT INDUSTRIAL WASTE
MID MIX PRE-STIRRERS
addition of aditives to the waste – waste mixture homogenization
MID MIX REACTOR
physiscal, chemical and thermical process of dissociation and vacuum waste encapsulation
the result of permanent transformation of the waste mixture into the final product
different usage of neutrals
MID-MIX® technological procedure is used for the treatment of different solid, liquid and pasty waste
containing hard metals, organic components or some other characteristics dangerous for environment.
- Different types of waste oils and oil emulsions
- Different types of waste being contaminated with hard metals
- Different sludges
- Contaminated soil
- Different organic and non-organic industrial waste
- Rafinery waste
- Waste asbestos
- Filter dust
- Mineral and glass wool
- Waste cationic and anionic mass
- Oily waste
- Filtering water from municipal waste landfills
- Waste oil fuel etc..
MID-MIX® plant is an universal plant for municipal and other industrial waste treatment, using MIDMIX® technological procedure.
MID-MIX® plant has the following characteristics:
- Fast and effective permanent transformation of waste
- The final product is material with usability-neutral.
- No negative influence from the aspect of environment protection and safety and health on work.
- Economic benefit of the plant in very short period of time
MID-MIX® postrojenje, trenutno je postavljeno u:
Treatment of dangerous and non-dangerous industrial waste
Apart of MID-MIX® plant, there are 2 plants for preparation of waste, as follows:
Treatment of filterin water from municipal waste landfills
Treatment of waste sludges from the process of municipal and industrial waters purification
Treatment of WWTP Sludge
MID-MIX® is a process characteristic for the final sludge created in the waste water treatment process (WWTP), enabling the final product Neutral to be used as a raw material, or to be deposited safely, in accordance with EU regulations, at the municipal landfill, thereby fully eliminating any further hazards to nature and the environment.
The MID-MIX® procedure for the treatment of WWTP sludge consists of the following phases:
- Reception of sludge from WWTP to the MID-MIX plant
- Adding calcium-based reactants CaO and Ca (OH)2
- Exothermic process reaction with waste dissociation in the processing
- Vacuum-gaseous encapsulation and waste transformation
- Gas evaporation with particle filtering and gas washing
- Material solidification
- Neutral storage for further use
- Disposal (use) of Neutral
A MID-MIX® plant is capable of treating 30 000 t of final WWTP sludge annually, 8 hours per day. On average, 1000 kg of sludge (with 25% of dry matter) with the addition of 300 kg of CaO can produce 700 kg of Neutral with over 85% of dry matter.
MID-MIX® in solving WWTP sludge – block diagram
More information on the treatment of WWTP sludge can be found in the presentation at the following link.
Neutral is a powder material, white-gray to gray – brown color. It is characterized with low density with strong hydrophobic and pumping features.
According to EU waste categorization, neutral represents inert and harmless material with its usability.
Neutral has the following features:
• Waterporoofness in the range of 2,0 ∙ 10-9> к > 1,1 ∙ 10-9 m/s, which represents practically hydrophobic material.
• Specific density of neutrals is less than 1 g/l (0.735 –0.965).
• Floats on the water and doesn’t mix with it.
It is stocked in big-bags, silos and road tankers.
NEUTRAL is used in:
• Construction ( concrete and clay products)
• Road construction ( substrates)
• Energy sources ( addition to solid fules)
• Process industry ( addition to industrial fuels)
• Production of asphalts, brickets etc.